Sunday, March 21, 2010

It's A Southern Thing...High Tea & Hats

Saturday afternoon I had the pleasure of attending a high tea and hats affair with my mother. The event was hosted by the women's ministry at my mothers church. If anyone knows about church women and hats, then you know the attire and hats were truly unique and beautiful. The day was filled with great fellowship, lunch, a fashion show, vendors and a table decoration contest! We had a wonderful time. Thanks for the invite Mommy!


My Mommy's table. We went with a rose theme...classy and elegant. She won 5th place in the contest! Congratulations!


Place cards so that everyone would know where to be seated.



She used a small flower pot. She painted them silver and added rhinestones for a little sparkling. A single rose was added for a splash of color.
For the center piece she used a crystal cake platter lined with pink and red roses. A large glass vase was placed in the center filled with water and floating silver rose candles. A glass cylinder vase was filled with clear marbles and placed in the center of the vase. It was top off with beautiful variations of red and pink roses. A mirror was place at the bottom and lined with red and pink rose petals.



A closer look...




The place settings each consisted of a silver charger. A white china plate lined in silver and a white napkin with black embroidered rose cuffed with a red rose napkin holder. These white china plates are a family heirloom. My mother's father bought this china for my granny in Japan.



My beautiful Aunt, Tina Flowers



My adorable cousin, Elisha Flowers



This gorgeous table won 1st place!








Tamra went with a navy & white hat and bright red dress. Great choice!





Me, My Mom, Tamra

What I'm Wearing...

  • Cream and beige flower hat: Preston & York (Dillards)
  • Blush dress: H & M
  • Bow-tie blush colored shoes: Guess (DSW)
  • Pearl necklace
  • Cream flower ring















0 comments:

Post a Comment